Monday, January 24, 2011

Uncomplicated

You make me smile like the sun
Fall outta bed
Sing like a bird
Dizzy in my head
Spin like a record
Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like a fool
Forget how to breathe
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile

~ Uncle Krackers 'You make me smile', one of my favorite songs. Yet another love song, but what is it about this one that makes it so special?
The simplicity in choice of words!

Web, Chip, Facebook, Lady Gaga, iPhone, American Idol, Groupon..
Did you notice something in common between them? apart from the fact that everyone knows what a web or iPhone or Lady Gaga is?
there is nothing complicated about these buzz words. They are all simple!
That's what the world is evolving into ..making things simpler.

Lets even look at some corporate buzz words you have heard enough in the last 3 years or so..

Circa 2008: It was Silos. This is what the management had to say, 'Don't operate in Silos' . Silos..big word, may be some half a dozen people actually had to google it to understand what it meant.

in the year 2009 the word was Collaborate.
'Collaborate with your customers!' was the unanimous message from the top executives. Another pompous word in my humble opinion.

come 2010: it was Partner. 'Partner with your customers'. Phew!

See how 'Silos' evolved to 'Collaborate' and finally 'Partner'?
As years passed the message was the same, just the choice of words made the communication much more effective and direct . Partner is a simple and but still a very powerful word.

Sunshine, I am sure you are wondering where I am going with all these..
Our relationship with God, its simple..nothing complicated about it.
"God has great plans for everyone including you. Its upto you to partner with him to make them happen."

You are probably now thinking, 'so, if God is the provider, am I the customer in this relationship?' Great question!
Let me quote what I heard from a Enterprise Architect

'.. in the coming years people will become coproducers rather than just being consumers of products and services.'
From the age of customer service to customer self-service we are now moving to customer co-produce.. think of it as you adding the milk and sugar after the Star Bucks barista handsover the Grande cofee.

So, sunshine..with God you are not entirely the consumer or nor is he entirely the provider, you are a co-producer.
If God has you in his will, do you have the will power to go after it?

[PS: 'Suddenly I see' from all around me..]

4 comments:

  1. Sandhiya,
    This is truly profound. I find that often the most profound things are really simple. NOT easy, not shallow, but pure and honest . Truth is simple, but understanding certain truths and applying these truths in our lives is anything but simple. I believe that's just one reason why we need God. He's the author of all truth, and as our creator, who best would know how to teach us to live in truth? Doesn't it seem that if we lived our lives as an expression of simple truth, about ourselves and others, that life itself would begin to uncomplicate?

    Well, enough of my babbling, this is YOUR blog, and I really love it.

    Blessings,
    Loring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loring,
    Thank you for the kind words. I was telling Paul about how much I enjoyed meeting with you both and the conversations we had. Paul was telling me yesterday about inviting God into one's heart. I can't wait to hear more about this from him. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.
    Love,
    Sandhiya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Believe!!
    Thanks for yet another Inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Yamini..you know where it all began..the fire in the belly as you call it :-)

    ReplyDelete